||Assistant Store Manager
||Key West, Florida
|Type of Employment:
||Full Time / Exempt
Retail Assistant Store Manager
Reports To: Store General Manager
Schedule: Full Time / Exempt
Assistant Store Managers must manage store associates, analyze and manage inventory, and be able to multi-task while achieving store goals. This position manages at least one, and sometimes, two store departments as well as oversees daily operations of the store. Assistant Store Managers must have strong people skills, display a positive attitude, and be able to work with all levels of store positions including some interaction with Merchandise Buying Department. Work on average 45 hours per week.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Provide enjoyable, knowledgeable and friendly service to our customers.
• Understand, communicate and execute company policies and standards.
• Full mastery of register procedures and merchandise ordering procedures.
• Managing one to two merchandise departments (this includes staff, merchandise, and facility).
• Staff motivation and development: Initiate projects, motivate on a daily basis, cross train and corrective/disciplinary actions
• Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to maintain excellent relations with customers both in person and on the phone especially when customers need special assistance or have complaints or problems.
• Ability to show initiative including seeking challenges, problem solving and leadership qualities.
• Ability to train and develop sales associates for promotion and career advancement.
• Ability to fairly evaluate and manage store associates.
• 2 years related experience in retail management preferred.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• 18 years of age or older
• Pass a drug test/background check
• Able to work flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
Exempt employees are offered health, dental, vision and supplemental coverage after 1 month.
After 90 days Paid Time Off is offered
After 1 year 401(k) offered
||June 09, 2015